Hi Chris

It's not an error I've seen often and there appears to be no single
reason for it. If you are running other jobs, then I suspect that
there's some problem with not having configured the CE or batch system
correctly for Role=pilot jobs. Jobs submitted from the production
factory at Glasgow, which have Role=production, run fine:

http://svr017.gla.scotgrid.ac.uk/factory/logs/2009-07-21/UKI-SOUTHGRID-BHAM-HEP-CE3/

Cheers

Graeme

--
Dr Graeme Stewart              http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/~graeme/
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, Scotland