Hi all,

So, I am performing a time-frequency analysis on some EEG data. The data are organised into -200 to +800 ms epochs, and I am interested in frequencies between 8 and 40 ish Hz. When asked which "Morlet Wavelet Factor" I want, I have left it on the default (7). The results look very sensible indeed, but now I am worried that I shouldn't have used the value '7'.

Does the value asked for correspond to the number of cycles? In which case surely I should have gone for a much lower value (otherwise, for example, I won't be able to properly estimate the time-frequency decomposition during the 200 ms baseline period)?

But then again, the results look very sensible, so maybe I should just stick with 7........

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Duncan