Von: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Christophe Phillips
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2009 13:33
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [SPM] DCM parameter comparison between groups

Dear Sasha and Klaas,

Here is a snippet of code from spm_dcm_average:

% Average models using Bayesian fixed effects analysis -> average Ep,Cp
%--------------------------------------------------------------------------
% averaged posterior covariance
final_iCp = sum(miCp,3);
Cp        = inv(final_iCp);
% averaged posterior mean
weighted_Ep = zeros(length(cwsel),1);
for model = 1:num_models,
    weighted_Ep = weighted_Ep + miCp(:,:,model)*mEp(:,model);
end
Ep = Cp*weighted_Ep;

% Copy contents of first DCM into the output DCM and insert averaged values into parameter & covariance vectors
DCM                 = DCM_first;
DCM.models          = P;
DCM.Ep(cwsel)       = Ep;
DCM.Cp(cwsel,cwsel) = Cp;

It does look like both posterior mean and covariance are estimated.

Sasha,
make sure you're using the latest updates for averaging as there used to be some problem with the averaging of the matrix D parameters, which only appear when dealing with non-linear models (effect of one area on the connection between 2 others).

Best,
Chris

Klaas Enno Stephan a écrit :

Dear Sasha,

If I understand your question correctly, then you would like to apply a linear contrast to the posterior densities of two groups that resulted from using the fixed effects Bayesian averaging routine in SPM.  In principle, this should be possible.  However, you would have to compute this manually.  As far as I remember, the SPM_DCM_average function only stores the posterior means in the DCM file it writes to disc, not the posterior covariances; you would need both, however, to compute the contrast.

However, you should ask yourself whether for the particular question you are interested in a fixed effects or random effects analysis is more appropriate.  Ultimately, this should determine which analysis you are using at the second level.  There were numerous emails on this topic in the recent past which you should find easily in the archives.

Best wishes,
Klaas