I found the solution (thanks to the help of Michael Erb):

The problem is an incompatibility of pm_seed with SPM versions > SPM2,
as only the method 'huttonish' requires pm_seed and mark3d is standard
no one probably stumbled across this before.

Here is the quick solution for anyone who wants to fix his Fieldmap
Toolbox to handle all methods:

change the following code in pm_seed (line 45 to 50):
  P = struct('dim',     [dim 64],...
             'pinfo',   [1 0]',...
             'mat',     M);

        P = struct('dim',     [dim],...
            'dt',      [64 0],...
            'pinfo',   [1 0]',...
            'mat',     M);

this just fixes the structure of the volume to account for the changes
in spm_vol.

Yours,
Benjamin

--
Benjamin Bender
Abteilung Diagnostische und Interventionelle Neuroradiologie

Tel. (07071) 29-85397