Dear Nazlim,

The only hard constraint on the number of inputs in a DCM is that, as in any statistical model, the total number of free parameters in the model should not exceed the number of data points.  In practice, this should play no important role; it would be rather difficult to construct a model, given typical fMRI data, where you would violate this constraint.

Best wishes,
Klaas

Von: Ahmad Nazlim Yusoff <[log in to unmask]>
An: [log in to unmask]
Gesendet: Samstag, den 11. Juli 2009, 03:15:51 Uhr
Betreff: Re: [SPM] DCM Design

Dear Klaas,

Thank you very much for a detail explanation on DCM. It benefits us a lot in analysing our fMRI data. However, we are still unsure about the maximum number of condition and input, per fMRI session, beyond which would not be suitable to be analysed by DCM? Is there any constraint on that?

Thanx and Regards

Nazlim