Dear all

I have transformed my pre processed images (created using DARTEL and SPM5) to MNI space using the method described in the DARTEL manual and the adaptation written by Donald McLaren.

I have created an ROI to use as a small volume correction by tracing the area I need of template_6: however some blobs that are inside the glass brain and the mask.img are showing up as ‘outside’ the template-almost as if it has ‘shrunk’, or is not in the same space as the imputed scans, and I imagine that this will have an effect on my ROI and small volume correction. I have read on the SPM help list that transforming images to MNI space can inhibit the use of an ROI (although I don’t quite understand why or how). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for working around this, such as, should I create my ROI from another image?

I would really appreciate any help

Best wishes

Freya Cooper

Postgraduate Research Student