Thanks Donald.

Re (2), the c* files were certainly crisper for me, though obviously you will want to run your own tests.

Re (3), I might have been unclear in formulating my question.  I always generate flow fields from rc* files, but I was unsure if flow fields should be applied to images (eg T1 or Jacobians from HDW) aligned with rc* files or images aligned to c* files.  The guide seems to imply rc* files, but it seems that in actuality it is c* files.

-Neil

MCLAREN, Donald wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">(1) The rc*.nii images are rigidly aligned (6 parameters) to  the MNI template space. This is done by applying the rigid component of the transformation stored in the *_sn.mat files.

(2) In theory, the c*.img will produce crisper segments after warping because they have one less resampling step in the data processing stream. I have not yet inspected the differences between using rc* and c* files, yet; but it is on my to do list.

(3) Creating flow field steps should always use the rc* files.