Ye-es, and soon you will expand your educational customer base to include sea mammals...

From: Sidney-Spenser Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter C. Herman [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 11:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Clickers--a Clarification

A distinguished member of this list asked for further clarification
(this person's exact words were "What in tarnation is a clicker?") and
so I thought I'd add a bit more.A "clicker" is an electronic device that
allows students to record answers to questions by pressing a button.
It's essentially a more efficient method for giving multiple choice
tests. However, they are being touted as a significant pedagogical
advance because they encourage "interactivity," and even more
obnoxiously, they have become an excuse to raise class sizes enormously,
since everyone can now "participate." For those who want to learn more,
follow this link: http://clicker.sdsu.edu/

Peter C. Herman