Dear All and apologises for cross posting.

As part of the work commissioned by Learning and Teaching Scotland Curriculum for Excellence Literacy Team the project is carrying out an online survey of Scottish school librarians and their knowledge and use of Curriculum for Excellence with regard to information literacy.

We are aware of some IL activities in this area:

*         piloting and creating new activities

*         mapping IL activities across the CfE Learning Experiences and Outcomes

*         mapping IL activities to the four capacities

but would like to get a clearer more detailed picture of all activities to enable activities, concerns and ideas including ways to optimise school librarians efforts to support information literacy and the CfE to be shared with other school librarians, local authorities and LTS CfE Literacy Team in order that we can promote the valuable work / contributions school librarians are playing in CfE.

We would therefore be grateful if school librarians and local authority departments responsible for education resources for schools within their area would take time to complete the online survey at SurveyMonkey<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=LwBk6_2bH6MYxKYsEseKO7BA_3d_3d> which consists of 10 questions.   The survey will run for six weeks until the 4th September 2009.

I have placed a link on the project blog http://caledonianblogs.net/information-literacy/2009/07/16/survey-of-scottish-school-librarians-and-their-knowledge-and-use-of-currurriculum-for-excellence/ and will be sending this message out to other email distribution lists however I'm aware that there are school / school librarian etc lists that I am not a member of and would be grateful if it can be placed on any lists that you are members of so that it is circulated as widely as possible. Please also feel free to circulate this email.

Thank you for your support in advance.

Regards

Christine

Christine Irving BA (Hons), MCLIP, MSc * Researcher / Project Officer * The Scottish Information Literacy Project * Milton Street Building * MS005 (Ground Floor) * Glasgow Caledonian University * Cowcaddens Road * Glasgow G3 6RB * 0141 273 1249 * [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> * www.caledonian.ac.uk/ils/<http://www.caledonian.ac.uk/ils/> * http://caledonianblogs.net/information-literacy/

"Information literacy is knowing when and why you need information, where to find it, and how to evaluate, use and communicate it in an ethical manner." CILIP (2004) Information Literacy Definition<http://www.cilip.org.uk/policyadvocacy/informationliteracy/definition/default.htm>

Times Higher Education award winner 2008: outstanding international student support
http://www.gcal.ac.uk/news/pressoffice/releases/241008.html