Certain physical documents have lasted such as clay tablets over hundreds of years so why not a piece of shiny media?

Agreed it may not make much sense (the content on it) in the distant future but then we have to try and interpret as best we can historic items found today. It may be possible to easily read the binary level data and perhaps analyse it in hundreds of years with some kind of system? Who knows.

I agree the guarantee is unlikely to be honoured!

Sent: 21 July 2009 15:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New DVD to protect data for a thousand years

The Third Reich was supposed to last 1000 years

Sent: 21 July 2009 14:39
To: [log in to unmask]

And no doubt they’ll be around to honour the guarantee!

Peter Emmerson
Director
Emmerson Consulting Limited
Poplar House
5 School Street
Witton-Le-Wear
County Durham  DL14 0AS
Office          01388 488865
Mobile         07516 744795

Emmerson Consulting Limited is registered in England No. 3607347.
Registered Office: 140 Coniscliffe Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL3 7RT

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask] ----------------------------------------- This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the addressee or the intended recipient of this message any distribution, copying, publication or use of the information contained in this message for any purpose is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Genzyme Therapeutics Ltd Registered in England Company Registration No. 4313666 Registered Office 4620 Kingsgate Cascade Way Oxford Business Park South Oxford OX4 2SU