If you're talking STEM, Millenium Mathematics Project has loads of free maths puzzles/activities that use equipment that schools
normally have (dominoes, counters etc).

http://mmp.maths.org/

Jenny

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Jenny Beard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all,

Apologies for cross posting.

Do you have any advice for potential event organisers based in schools, on how they can organise a successful, engaging event for very little money?

We are producing a document with advice and specific ideas for running very cheap, but engaging school events or activities during National Science and Engineering Week. We would love to include advice, tips and ideas directly from people who have done this to encourage schools to get involved.

Many schools want to get organise science related events but feel they don't have the money or resources. Therefore we want to give them a range of specific developed ideas and also general advice on how to arrange events for a budget of £150 or less.

Do you have any advice or ideas? If you do we would love to add it in.

Thanks so much

Jenny

__________________________________
Have you ever wondered how much our perceptions of dishonesty can vary? This can have huge implications on the outcome of criminal trials - particularly if you are on a jury. We've teamed up with Brunel University and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) to explore what public perceptions of honesty really are. Tell us what you think by taking part in our international scientific study here www.honestylab.com then find out the results at the British Science Festival in Surrey from 5 - 10 September 2009.

Jenny Beard
National Science and Engineering Week Officer
British Science Association
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London
SW7 5HD

T: +44 (0)20 7019 4937
F: +44 (0)20 7581 6587
E: [log in to unmask]
Website:
http://www.britishscienceassociation.org

British Science Association is the operating name and registered trademark of the British Association for the Advancement of Science

Registered charity: 212479 and SCO39236

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of
the British Science Association (http://www.britishscienceassociation.org)

********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk