If you're talking STEM, Millenium Mathematics Project has loads of free
maths puzzles/activities that use equipment that schools
normally have (dominoes, counters etc).

http://mmp.maths.org/

Jenny

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Jenny Beard <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> Apologies for cross posting.
>
> Do you have any advice for potential event organisers based in schools, on
> how they can organise a successful, engaging event for very little money?
>
> We are producing a document with advice and specific ideas for running very
> cheap, but engaging school events or activities during National Science and
> Engineering Week. We would love to include advice, tips and ideas directly
> from people who have done this to encourage schools to get involved.
>
> Many schools want to get organise science related events but feel they
> don't have the money or resources. Therefore we want to give them a range of
> specific developed ideas and also general advice on how to arrange events
> for a budget of £150 or less.
>
> Do you have any advice or ideas? If you do we would love to add it in.
>
> Thanks so much
>
> Jenny
>

> *__________________________________
> *Have you ever wondered how much our perceptions of dishonesty can vary?
> This can have huge implications on the outcome of criminal trials -
> particularly if you are on a jury. We've teamed up with Brunel University
> and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) to explore what public
> perceptions of honesty really are. Tell us what you think by taking part in
> our international scientific study here *www.honestylab.com*<http://www.honestylab.com/> then
> find out the results at the *British Science Festival*<http://www.britishsciencefestival.org/> in
> Surrey from 5 - 10 September 2009.
>
> *Jenny Beard
> National Science and Engineering Week Officer
> British Science Association
> Wellcome Wolfson Building
> 165 Queen's Gate
> London
> SW7 5HD*
>
> *T: +44 (0)20 7019 4937*
> *F: +44 (0)20 7581 6587
> E: [log in to unmask]
> Website: **http://www.britishscienceassociation.org*<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/>
> **
>
> ***British Science Association is the operating name and registered
> trademark of the British Association for the Advancement of Science*
>
> *Registered charity: 212479 and SCO39236*
>
> ***Please consider the environment before printing this email***

> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on
> behalf of
> the British Science Association (http://www.britishscienceassociation.org)

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]