Much of that does sound so, Dave. I will say that at my uni, we tried
to take care of our readers, & certainly did speak to them.

I'm not a huge fan of CAD, & was intrigued by your take on her poem;
but as a PL public response, maybe because it was so indebted to
documents, it kinda worked for me.

What exactly does one do when one has to write to these 'occasions'?
I'm glad I dont have to....

Doug
On 30-Jul-09, at 11:54 PM, David Bircumshaw wrote:

> Altho' I'd known I'd be reading at L'Bro Uni for some while I was
> only told
> precisely when in the week before, AND that anyone who wished to see
> me read
> would have to pay for an all-day ticket (£10) although my slot was
> just 20
> minutes ( I was reading for free btw)
>
> For that reason I didn't encourage friends to come. This was just
> part of
> the strangeness. CAD was reading the night before (it was a three-
> day event)
> same ticket price tho' I imagine she was paid. And met, showed round,
> introduced, all of which luxuries were neglected for us on the Sunday.
> Having said that, I enjoyed reading, and the audience were
> responsive. It
> was just weird going to a reading where the organizers didn't bother
> speaking to the readers or the audience. Really really weird.

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)