No resentment on my part, Anny, nor any questioning of the value of
education, of which, as you point out, I've had lots and lots. The
issue is specifically about MFAs, which it's good to remember are a
very recent phenomenon within an academic world that has become,
since the post-WWII GI Bill, a major segment of the US economy that
often behaves no differently than other oarts of the economy.

Mark.