Apologies for cross-posting.Best wishes,Kristina

---

PhD Studentships

The University of
Wolverhampton’s Centre for Art and Design Research and Experimentation (CADRE)
within the School of Art and Design (SAD) is offering five full time PhD
studentships. Bursaries are for three years, at £12,900 per year with full
tuition fee remittance. Bursary students will be expected to be working ‘in
residence’ at the University of Wolverhampton.

We are interested in PhD studentship proposals which
are practice-led or history and theory-based. Potential students are encouraged
to speak to the following CADRE research supervisors.

Digital
Media Theories, Practices and Technologies

We
are interested in proposals that examine interactive social environments,
virtual and real space and experimental and/or documentary time-based media.

Interactive and Virtual             Dr
D. Harrison [[log in to unmask]]

Time Based Media            Dr
A. Kossoff [[log in to unmask]]

Critical
Theory and Social Practice

We are interested in proposals that examine the
relationship between critical theory and models of sociability, relationality and
critique in modern and contemporary art.

History and Theory            Prof
J. Roberts [[log in to unmask]]

Studio
Theories and Practices

We are
interested in proposals that examine the application of new technologies, the
impact of objects on social interaction and issues of abstraction,
representation and expression in the studio-based areas of fine art, applied
arts and design.

Applied Art and Design             Dr
K. Niedderer [[log in to unmask]]

Fine Art                                    Dr
A. Payne [[log in to unmask]]

Applicants should be highly
motivated with a Masters Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. You can
review the information about our research groups and areas of expertise amongst
our research staff prior to making your proposal. <http://wlv.ac.uk/cadre>

Deadline for receipt of
applications is 14 August, 2009

Interviews will be
scheduled the week of 7 September 2009, for admittance 1 October 2009.

Applicants
should send the following:

·
A completed University
of Wolverhampton PhD research proposal form (sections A1-B1, & B4 only need
be completed. Section B1 must include: research questions, historic and
contemporary research context and planned methodology.)

·
An academic CV with letters
of support from two academic referees

·
Documentation of any
practical work in CD, DVD or 35mm slides

·
A stamped self-addressed
envelope for the return of visual material.

Applications
and questions should be addressed to:

Emma Angus, Research and Development Support

School of Art and Design, University of Wolverhampton,

Molineux Street, Wolverhampton WV1 1DT