Friends,

The note recently posted to this list announcing the death of G A Swanson. For clarity, this is not the Gunnar Swanson who participates in PhD-Design.

Our Gunnar Swanson runs a a design office and works at East Carolina University. The web sites for THAT Gunnar Swanson are to be found at:

http://www.gunnarswanson.com/

http://www.gunnarswanson.com/old/

Gunnar Swanson is a graphic designer, media designer, writer, and educator.

The late G A Swanson is Gale Alden Swanson, a former missionary preacher and pastor who went on to become an accounting and management scholar, a professor of accounting, and a member and president of the International Society for Systems Science.

Given the tone of distress in the announcement, I want to post this disambiguation. It is Gunnar Swanson the designer who occasionally posts to this list and to other design lists, and he is the one most of us know. The late Gale Alden Swanson was a much loved professor and scholar who was active in several academic communities, but as far as I recall, he did not post on PhD-Design.

Yours,

Ken

Ken Friedman, PhD, DSc (hc), FDRS
Professor