Hi Alireza,

There is one publication (book) about form based on a PhD thesis, titled: Form & formlessness by Cheryl akner-koler, 2007. I must admit i have not read it yet, so i cannot give you an opinion about the quality of the content but it could of interest to you. In addition to Klaus Krippendorf, you can also search for publications of Reinhart Butter who has done a lot of work in product semantics too.

Hope this helps,

Jose

> Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 04:11:08 +0200
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Resources for Form & Space Course
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Dear List members
>
> We have in Iran a bachelor course for Industrial Design Students named
> under title "Form & Space" , maybe equal to form studies in other
> countries , where students learn how to deal with form and it's
> relation to space. The key items
> for study are :
>
> a. Structure of Form
> b. Shaping and Formation of Form based on Specific Function
> c. Internal and External Functional Relation.
> d. Spatial Relation of Form in Stability and in Motion
> e. Analysis of Forms of a Whole Set ( with each other and in relation
> to their surrounding space whether natural or artificial)
>
> Could you please introduce some resources which could support these key items?
>
> To open the discussion, I remember when I was in Delft I could
> recognize two groups working simultaneously on Form Studies: One group
> based on perception of form based on Affordance Theory, which was
> originated by Gerda Smets and the other trying to translate the term
> space as context and even linguistic Context
> ,in comparison to the term space as we described before.
>
> In Italy , I mean Politecnico di Milano , I can find that two
> publications which are somehow related , one is old and the other newer.
>
> Arnaboldi , Mario & Enrico Garbagnati (1971): Genesi della Forma.
> Padova: 1971.
>
> Hachen, Massimo (2007): Scienza della visione : spazio e Gestalt,
> design e comunicazione . Milano: Apogeo.
>
> Unfortunately both of them are in Italian. While the former could
> cover some key items, the latter is nearer to a Design course which we
> call, Foundations of Figurative Arts, more related to elements and
> principles of mostly 2D forms perception based on Gestalt Principles.
>

> Sorry for long post, I wish I could open up a fruitful discussion. If
> needed , I would be happy to share my own experiences about these items.
>

> Best wishes
> Alireza Ajdari
>
> --
> Alireza Ajdari, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor in Industrial Design,
> Department of Industrial Design,
> University of Tehran ,Iran.
> Cell : +98 936 046 7986
> Tel : +98 21 66415867

¿Quieres ver los mejores videos de MSN? Enciende Messenger TV
http://messengertv.msn.com/mkt/es-es/default.htm