Dear Chuck

Inventing different childhoods is still an adult thing. Children have whatever experiences they have. I understand that there are many happy creatives who might sit in pools of sunlight colouring in a new design for a Paul Rand biscuit packet and so we can project this happiness onto childhood but I'm not sure I care that much - indulgence?

Some societies weep when they discover that their child is different in a "gifted" kind of way. Some clap hands and praise god. For the gifted individual neither response is very helpful.

As one who was raise outside of an elaborated culture, I yearned for the formal structures and the objectivities that have subsequently helped me form useful understandings of my practice and my non-personality. Language was the one deeper access to a world I might inhabit.

Instruct, instrue, inform = all are about the regular features of consciousness in the world. Extending into the subtended arc is all the freedom I need.

cheers

keith