Would suggest that you need to recommend a stress risk assessment as per HSE recommendation . While she is absent with "stress" (a clinical issue) the alleged stressors are issues within the workplace - this needs documentation and discussion by management  prior to any recommendations for a move. In my opinion this sounds like alegations of bullying, which you doubtless have procedures for,  that is being "medicalised" by her absence. In my opinion the precipitating factors for her "stress" need dealing with and not sure that this sits within the OH remit.

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wisker Pauline (RXP) Occupational health Adviser
Sent: 10 July 2009 10:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Advice please

Morning Sue,

I would suggest the best way forward would be to explore all other options first as you rightly say mediation, case management, etc. If she can’t discuss difficulties directly with HR & Manager involved can she provide a ‘third party e.g. Union Rep’ with relevant details to present/speak on her behalf. I would advocate she is present to ensure information is accurate. I would not advise making decisions involving significant changes whilst off work in this type of circumstance. Depending on your redeployment procedure there may be more time to look at possible vacancies coming up in the future rather than jumping into an opportunity now and as you say having major regrets later.

Hope this is of use

Pauline