Hi there Chris, Tracy and the list

This topic has really been helpful to me; I popped into the site to have
a quick catch up and was going to make a query about Nitrile gloves -
Chris has answered most of my questions already!

I have recently seen a chap who appears to have had an irritant reaction
to Nitrile gloves used at work. I did wonder if it was more likely to be
due to the occlusive effect of the gloves rather than specifically
Nitrile gloves and suggested wearing cotton liners but was not sure how
practical it would be for him - he works with oils as a fitter.

I also advised trialling alternatives available, however, the company in
it's enthusiasm to avoid Latex gloves seems to think that Nitrile will
suit everyone and it is proving quite difficult to get them to source
alternatives. I have obviously advised that they do need to provide
alternatives but wonder if anyone has a specific alternative glove (none
powdered as they do not want the oil contaminated) that they could
recommend for this type of work.

Thanks for all the information this site provides.

Jane

Jane Mann RGN; BSc (Hons)

Occupational Health Advisor, EDF Energy

Bury St Edmunds