Many thanks Alison, much appreciated - as I thought, information about birth attendants is only available for England. A frustrating lack of data if you are trying to make a case for the importance of midwives!

All the best

Billie

From: A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Macfarlane, Alison
Sent: 23 July 2009 16:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: query for UK researchers

What United Kingdom?

Data for England are here.

http://www.hesonline.nhs.uk/Ease/servlet/ContentServer?siteID=1937&categoryID=1014

See comments on data quality.

Wales. It only has method of delivery, not person conducting it.

http://wales.gov.uk/docs/statistics/2009/090325sdr422009aen.pdf

Ditto for Scotland, although it is worth querying this with the ISD contacts guiven on this web site

http://www.isdscotland.org/isd/1019.html

In Northern Ireland, data are not routinely collated. See BirthchoiceUK web site.

http://www.birthchoiceuk.com/BirthChoiceUKFrame.htm?http://www.birthchoiceuk.com/StatsExplain.htm

Good luck, Alison

Alison Macfarlane
Department of Midwifery and Child Health
City University London
20 Bartholomew Close
London EC1A 7QN
Phone (0) (44) 207 040 5832
Fax   (0) (44) 207 040 5717
Email [log in to unmask]

www.city.ac.uk
This email and its contents are the property of City University London. If you are not the intended recipient of this message and any attached files, please delete it. Unauthorised copying or distribution of this message, its attachments or parts thereof, is strictly prohibited unless specifically stated otherwise.

Please consider the environment before printing my email