CALL FOR PAPERS
7th STEP meeting
National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland
17-20 June 2010

We are pleased to announce that the 7th meeting of STEP (Science and
Technology in the European Periphery) will be held in Galway, Ireland,
from 17 to 20 June 2010.  Galway is a charming medieval town on the west
coast of Ireland, and is the gateway to the beautiful scenery of
Connemara and the Burren.  We hope to see many of you there!  The
deadline for submission of session or paper proposals is 31 October
2009.  Brief details are below; further details about STEP, Galway, the
conference and the process for submitting proposals can be found at:
http://www.conference.ie/Conferences/index.asp?Conference=75

STEP is an international group of historians of science, medicine and
technology founded in 1999 by scholars from all over Europe
(www.cc.uoa.gr/step). STEP organizes biannual meetings to explore the
historical character of science, medicine and technology in regions and
societies on the periphery of Europe.

We welcome submissions of sessions or papers related to any of the past
STEP meeting themes (a list is available on the website of the
conference). We would also be happy to hear suggestions for sessions
(but not individual papers, please) on any other theme that relates to
STEP's interests.

On behalf of the Scientific Committee:

Dr. Aileen Fyfe, NUI Galway, Ireland, [log in to unmask] Dr.
Juliana Adelman, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, [log in to unmask] Dr.
Nick Tosh, NUI Galway, Ireland, [log in to unmask] Dr. Faidra
Papanelopoulou, University of Athens, Greece, [log in to unmask] Dr.
Anders Lundgren, University of Uppsala, Sweden,
[log in to unmask] Dr. David Nofre, University of Amsterdam,
the Netherlands, [log in to unmask]

STEP - Science and Technology in the European Periphery

NODUS <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

STEP Web Page <http://www.uoa.gr/step>