From: Media, Communications & Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) - Policy Network on behalf of Steven Barnett
Sent: Sun 7/12/2009 8:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MECCSA-POLICY] REPORT ON MEETING

I'm really sorry if I'm being a party pooper, but I do think it's very dangerous if we start highlighting individual positions. I thought it was an excellent summary by Maire which highlighted all the key points relating to research councils etc, and I'm concerned about setting a precedent given that we all have particular drums to beat.

I have every sympathy with Peter's position, and thought it was an excellent letter (which I heartily endorse). But we did agree that Meccsa would not be endorsing individual positions.

I am prepared to be shot down and will withdraw gracefully if I am in a minority. I also think we have to think about the additional burden for Maire of trying to accommodate everyone's passions.

Best

Steve

Prof Steven Barnett
Professor of Communications