Phil Blume <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It might help if emailers dispensed with unnecessary footers, such as postal
> addresses, disclaimers, copyright statements and all the other visual
> clutter that makes a thread longer than it needs to be and the narrative
> more difficult to follow.

Often disclaimers etc are beyond the posters' control as they're added
after they send their email, but if you have tips on how to remove or
disable them, I'm sure people would love to hear them.

In one workplace you could remove the disclaimer for an individual
post by putting "[no sig]" in the subject line but I suspect this is
disabled by default.

As a general note it would be nice if people kept only the parts of a
previous email they were replying to and deleted the rest of the
quoted emails, but Outlook and gmail tend to hide the quoted text so
most people probably don't realise it's there.

cheers, Mia