Apologies for cross-posting

NAG Conference 2009

‘When it Comes to the Crunch: Making More of Less’

University of Chester on September 9th & 10th

Once again we will be offering a Conference package to include overnight
accommodation in student halls as is our normal practice, although this year
there will be two important differences.

*        Conference Dinner in a four* hotel in Chester

*        Accommodation at the same hotel for those who wish to take
advantage of it as an alternative Conference package

*        Papers include: Alice Keller from the Bodleian Library on OULS
Centralised Acquisitions Process; Mick Fortune on RFID standardisation;
Bowker on OPAC enrichment; Nielsen Book on using borrowing figures to inform
purchases and Simon Edwards on e4libraries accreditation.

*        Workshops include: Jaci Brumwell on NYR, the National Tender, a
review and update of the NAG Servicing Guidelines, and Dave Patten
(University of Huddersfield) on catalogue enrichment and the Mosaic project
so far.

*        Plus small exhibition feature with OCLC, Bright Books, EBSCO,
Nielsen, YBP and Better World Books

Our After Dinner Speaker is the writer Alan Gibbons and he will be followed
by the infamous NAG General Knowledge Quiz.

Fee: £325 (Members/University) and £385 (Members/Hotel)

Non-members £375 (University) and £445 (Hotel)

Single day attendance by arrangement

(Please note hotel accommodation must be booked by August 14th)

Book http://www.nag.org.uk/events/conference2009.php or further information
[log in to unmask] or www.nag.org.uk <http://www.nag.org.uk/>

Bookings are brisk.  Don’t delay, secure YOUR place today!

Jane

Jane Butler

Administrator

National Acquisitions Group