> ********* Apologies for cross-posting *********
>
> In 2007 the UKSG, a non-profit organisation that connects the
> information community, in association with the online usage metrics
> organisation COUNTER, launched a project to explore whether online
> journal usage statistics might form the basis of a new metric of
> journal value. In stage 1 of the project we conducted extensive market
> research to establish the level of support for such a metric and to
> identify what key issues would need to be addressed.
>
> Building upon the encouraging reactions revealed in the market
> research, Stage 2 of the project now proposes to develop a programme
> of data modelling and analysis that will use real usage data from a
> number of content providers, with the aim of identifying potential
> candidate metrics for longer term scaled up testing.
>
> Accordingly the project is now looking to commission a suitably
> qualified organisation to conduct the required data modelling and
> analysis. A formal Invitation to Tender (Request for Proposal) for
> this work has now been issued and can be found on the project site at
> http://www.uksg.org/usagefactors/rfp
> <http://www.uksg.org/usagefactors/rfp>
>
> We encourage interested parties to read this document and, if you feel
> you have the required skills and resources, to submit your proposal in
> the manner outlined.
>
> Deadline for receipt of responses is August 26, 2009.
>
> Richard Gedye
> Chair
> UKSG Usage Factor Project

Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. OUP does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.