It does remind me of the testimonials to dubious herbal remedies/dodgy prize draws you sometimes see in Sunday supplements, junk mail from Reader’s Digest etc, along the lines of “I drank this mystery green gloop for a week and lost 15 stone. Fantastic! – Mrs P, Much Wenlock” and “Yes, I really did win 3 billion pounds by sticking a fake car key on a postcard! – Mr R, Hartlepool”.

I also wonder what s/he was using before the NHS Evidence revelation? Is it an issue of not knowing where to search, how to search, or who to ask? As Chris says s/he should have had “info skills” training of some sort from the university. It does raise questions for ourselves and our services, I’m just wondering what those questions are! In light of nursing moving to all-degree, the idea being that nurses will have a more robust and rounded education and consequently have more initiative, are there other things that need to be addressed (by inf profs as much as teaching staff) about nursing education?

Or am I wondering too much about an imaginary, or completely mad person?

Emily

From: A list for health related libraries within the North West of England [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Holland
Sent: 09 July 2009 09:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Eyes on Evidence fawning letter

Dear all,

May be I have been on too many management courses (Who sold you this then?) but the point surely is that it’s not the customers fault if they can’t find our service? There is also the traditional tactic of schooling grateful customers (of NHS Evidence in this case) to send letters of praise. Perhaps we should just take it for what it is and not give it the oxygen of publicity.

Best Wishes

Matt

Please note that North West Ambulance Service - NHS Trust may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and staff training.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for [log in to unmask] If you are not [log in to unmask] you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify [log in to unmask] immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Matt Holland therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.