-----Original Message-----
From: A list for health related libraries within the North West of
England [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Addison John (RW6)
PAHNT
Sent: 08 July 2009 12:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Eyes on Evidence fawning letter

Alternatively, EL (see below) could have shown a bit of flipping
initiative and done herself a favour by asking an NHS librarian for
assistance. It's what we're good at.

"Dear Eyes on Evidence,

As a second year nursing student I'd just like to say what a bonus I
think a service like NHS Evidence will be for my studies. I hadn't heard
about the site until I visited your stand at the NHS Innovation EXPO.
I'd just finished a project and one of your staff showed me how to
search for the information I'd used for my work via NHS Evidence.
Details I'd spent hours looking for were there straight away. I was
kicking myself because had I known about it a week earlier I could have
saved myself so much time. Now I know about it I will definitely be
using it to research future assignments - and saving some time!

EL, student"

John Addison
Library Manager
Education Centre Library
Royal Oldham Hospital
Rochdale Road
Oldham
OL1 2JH
Tel: 0161 627 8463
Cut carbon, improve health, save money!

Can you help cut back on the 18 million tonnes of carbon dioxide which the NHS produces each year?
NHS North West is looking for ideas for saving on energy, heating, travel for staff, patients and visitors, the products we use every day.
Visit www.sdu.nhs.uk to help shape the NHS Carbon Reduction Strategy

The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the NHS North West.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

This e-mail has been checked for viruses using anti-virus software