Dear All

I have produced the summary of results in a word document as it is
fairly long, please see attachment. If you have any questions please
email me off list.

There were 4 libraries who contacted me to say that they do not charge
at all, partly because of demographics of their users which would make
it uneconomical to try and recoup the costs and one because it was
costing them more to hire the card reader than they gained in charges.

Some people expressed their views about charging for education, with
which we fully agree, especially the fact that it is the lower waged
that tend to pay up without question and the senior, well paid, who are
more likely to try and persuade us to give things for free. Others of
you have this problem too. We also know that increasing the charges may
put people off using the service and we do not wish that to happen
because in the long run that may actually reduce the current annual
takings.

We would prefer to provide all of our services for free, as the end
result is for supporting patient care, but have been asked to income
generate and so in order to keep this to a minimum we needed to conduct
this exercise, for benchmarking information.

Again, thank you to all who responded to the query.

Kind regards

Alison

Alison Thompson
Librarian

Staff Library
Education Centre
Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
Prescot Street
Liverpool
L7 8XP

Tel :    0151-706-3695
Fax:    0151-706-2249
email: [log in to unmask]

DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal Liverpool and
Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or proprietary Trust
information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for
the intended recipient only. If any addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail and destroy any copies. If you are not the intended recipient you
must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

The information contained in this email may be subject to public
disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information
act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

The Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust may
monitor outgoing and incoming e-mails and other telecommunications on
it's e-mail and telecommunication systems. By replying to this e- mail
you have given your consent to such monitoring.