Marcus Rammes ha scritto:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hi Alessandro,

Hi Marcus,
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
yes, there is an error in the bdii.log (now I know where to find
it ;) ):

Updating DB on port 2172
Waiting 180 s for query results.

Time for searches: 2 s
Time to update DB: 0 s
Time to load DB: 0 s
Grabbing port 2170 for 2172
Error nearby dn:
GlueClusterUniqueID=vmiro3.hep.physik.uni-siegen.de,mds-vo-name=resource,o=grid
==> slapadd: could not parse entry (line=18)
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
at /opt/bdii/sbin/bdii-update line 748, <ERROR> line 384.

this is the real error, I don't know if it is due to some bad values set in the site.def
maybe you should open a ggus ticket, so the experts could help you
instead the next message can be ignored
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Error nearby
==> slapadd: could not add entry
dn="Mds-Vo-name=resource,o=grid" (line=410): txn_aborted! DB_KEYEXIST:
Key/data pair already exists (-30996)
Mon Jul  6 12:49:47 CEST 2009

I have neither a file 'glite-bdii_site', nor a directory 'services'

that file, since several months, contains the variables related to the site-bdii that previously were contained in the site.def, look for example at
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/LCG/Site-info_configuration_variables#site_BDII
you can find the default file in /opt/glite/yaim/examples/services/siteinfo/glite-bdii_site
however if you have alredy defined the vairables in the site.def, the glite-bdii_site is not necessary
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
somewhere at vmiro3. Could the reason be a wrong configuration? Maybe I
should restart yaim? You said that I should reconfigure the CE AND glite
via yaim. I only know a syntax for configuring a CE. Is there a special
configuration for bdii?

to reconfigure properly the node, launch

/opt/glite/yaim/bin/yaim -c -s <your site-info.def> -n lcg-CE -n TORQUE_server -n TORQUE_utils -n BDII_site

let me know

Alessandro
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Cheers