On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, hieuvt wrote:

> I have just installed a new site and want to make it appear on the grid
> world so that jobs can be submitted to this node. This is its current
> status:
> https://goc.gridops.org/site/list?id=3455006
> http://goc.grid.sinica.edu.tw/gstat/VN-IOIT-PPS/
>
> Currently these servers are only accessible from the TEIN 2 network:
> ui.ioit.vngrid.vinaren.vn
> ce.ioit.vngrid.vinaren.vn
> se.ioit.vngrid.vinaren.vn
> and worker nodes behind the computing element.
>
> We intend to contribute to VO biomed first
>
> The problem is that you can not resolve the given IP addresses reversely
> to the domain names when you are on the Internet (outside the TEIN 2),
> while resolving IP addresses from domain names is possible.

A successful reverse lookup is required by the Globus version we use,
so you must have that fixed to allow your services to be used:

$ uberftp se.ioit.vngrid.vinaren.vn pwd
220 se.ioit.vngrid.vinaren.vn GridFTP Server 2.3 (gcc32dbg, 1144436882-63) ready.
globus_ftp_control: gss_init_sec_context failed
GSS Major Status: Unexpected Gatekeeper or Service Name
globus_gsi_gssapi: Authorization denied: The name of the remote host
(se.ioit.vngrid.vinaren.vn), and the expected name for the remote host
(203.191.50.21) do not match. This happens when the name in the host certificate
does not match the information obtained from DNS and is often a DNS configuration
problem.
Closing connection to service.

At the moment even the forward access does not work for the CE:

$ telnet ce.ioit.vngrid.vinaren.vn 2119
Trying 203.191.50.20...
telnet: connect to address 203.191.50.20: No route to host
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
$ telnet ce.ioit.vngrid.vinaren.vn 2811