2009/7/29 Karen <[log in to unmask]>:
> I really find paper appealing nowadays.

We are going around an interesting circle. It sounds so appealing to
have everything neatly tabulated on computer so that nothing can go
wrong and all prescriptions will be clear and incontrovertible. But in
practice, human error in maintaining drug databases, the rapid rate of
change of availability of products, and sheer diversity (you must have
tried searching for some obscure item in the EMIS drug database) makes
this impossible.

Similarly the attempt to describe adequately the complexity and
interrelatedness of the human experience of health and disease by a
series of Read codes is as impossible as it is misguided and fatuous.

No doubt the wheel will turn again, but not before I retire.

Mike

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK