Hi Reza,

Here's the text from randomise website -:)
( http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/randomise/index.html#theory )

"The data are first fit to the nuisance effects alone and nuisance-only residuals are formed. These residuals are permuted, and then the estimated nuisance signal is added back on, creating an (approximate) realization of data under the null hypothesis."

Does my question make sense now?

cheers,
Hans.