Dear all,

I am currently analyzing a study that I have modeled using the three-level
approach fsl recommends (session, subject, group) - where a session in this
case is simply a run of the same fMRI experiment- and now I would like to
run a PPI analyzes in it using a seed obtained from a group effect. My
question regards at what level one should set up the PPI in this case.

It seems to me that, for PPI analyzes purposes, one should ideally run it at
the subject level (2nd), rather than at the session level (1st): given one
is interested in detecting correlations in activity between brain areas
dependent on task context,  those correlations would tend to be less
reliable if they were estimated based on shorter time epochs (i.e.,
run/session) than if they were estimated based on a longer time epoch (i.e.,
the entire fMRI session), correct?

If that is indeed the case (where the PPI setup should be done at the
subject level rather than at the session level, despite the fact the
experiment was originally modeled beginning at the session level)- which
'filtered_func_data' file should I use to extract the time course (using the
group effect seed) from? Currently, having adopted a fixed-effects model in
the intermediate level for each subject, I don't have a 'filtered_func_data'
for each subject as a result- and have instead one 'filtered_func_data' for
each cope of interest (feat directory) within each subject's .gfeat
directory. . . Would that (the 'filtered_func_data' from the cope of
interest for a given subject) be the one to use. . . ?

Thanks much for your feedback,

Regina