Dear scientists,

I am trying to merge 189 skeleton images resulting from TBSS processes into
one 4D file in order to run randomise. Within seconds after typing "fslmerge
-t all_skeletons 1_B* 2_B*" I get one of two kinds of error messages:

Image Exception : #99 :: Out of memory
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RBD_COMMON::BaseException'
Aborted

OR

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
Aborted

We are running FSL 4.1.1 on a 64bitOS machine with 8G of RAM, so even though
it is a large data set we would be surprised if it was a working memory
problem. But if so, does anyone have suggestions on how to reduce the size
of the images or run randomise without having to merge images? And if it is
not a memory problem, what can it be?

Best wishes,
Emma