Hi,

I have been told that Tensor-ICA was not suited for paradigm-free group
analysis, such as resting-state acquisitions. I was unable to understand
the justification behind this. The claim was that for data acquired
without paradigm on different subjects, the time series would be
different, and thus the tensor model would not apply well. However, this
puzzles me, as ICA is performed on principle components, and not raw
time-series.

Did I miss-understand the underlying reasons for avoiding Tensor-ICA on
paradigm-less data? Is there a paper that would enlighten me?

Cheers,

Gaël

--
    Gael Varoquaux