Thanks, Steve, that makes sense.

I also have a question, in my current understanding, TBSS will skeletonise
FA data and then align all the skeletons, this is one of the advantages of
using TBSS, that it uses the skeletons to attain a better registration.
However, this alignment is only applied to the skeletons, that is, NOT
applied to the full FA maps at any point.  Am I correct in this?

Thanks!