  From: Pam Frame
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:58 AM
  Subject: Re: Skills for Life Teaching materials [Scanned]

  I fully agree-thank you Mary.

  I think Cheryl's experience shows how careful everybody needs to be in checking back (or getting managers to check back) on who is making statements about 'what inspectors would or would not expect to see', and the status of such statements. When in doubt go back to the core document The Common Inspection Framework itself. Inspectors are rightly concerned about the quality and relevance of learning materials but have no remit to specify what those materials should be.