Quoting "Gordon C. Cardona" <[log in to unmask]>:

> In simple terms, denying that it makes no difference if one is disabled
> or not effectively implies that White people can talk about black
> people’s issues and decide without them on their lives, that men can
> speak on behalf of women and exclude them, etc. Does this pattern  sound
> familiar?

This does however miss one major factor in life, that is, that at some time or
another, we all are all disabled. Some for a short time but many others, more
permanently such as in old age.

I shall be unlikely to change gender, although some do, I shall also be unlikely to
change colour. My disability needs however will change as I move through life. Is it
not in the interests of us all to be involved in disability research.

Ian
--
Ian Webb
Centre Manager ATOP LTD