Dear All,

On Friday my colleague Mark Priestley kindly posted an email about the
Disability Equality in English Primary Schools ‘End-of-Project’ Conference,
which is due to take place on 15th September, Weetwood Hall, University of
Leeds (10.00-16.30).

I just wanted to say a couple more things about this event, if I may:

1. **INVITATION TO EVERYONE**
Firstly, I wanted to add to the conference invitation by mentioning that we
have collected some really interesting data about what non-disabled children
know (and quite often don’t know/understand) about disability and the lives of
disabled people. We have also uncovered some interesting data about
what, if anything, English primary schools are currently doing to promote
positive attitudes towards disabled people and any challenges that
schools/teachers face in this regard. I would very much like to share this data
with you and would value your thoughts upon it.

2. **CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS**
Secondly, I wanted to send out a call to all disabled people’s organisations
that carry out work in UK primary schools to raise disability awareness
amongst non-disabled children.

If you would be interested in talking about the work of your organisation
during the DEEPS Conference, then I would very much like to hear from you.
My aim is to ensure that there is plenty of opportunity during the conference
for people to talk about the work that they are doing with schools and to
share knowledge about activities. Please do contact me if you would like to
discuss this further.

Do hope to hear from you!

Best wishes,

Angharad Beckett.