Hi,

On a related note, do any of you know if anyone has written anything I
can quote about the possible implications of students having to
contribute to the cost of their EP reports? It seems to me that this
might put some students off from applying for DSA and wanted to write
about this (briefly) in my thesis looking at print impairment in
higher education.

I fully understand why many universities can't afford to fund every
student from their ALF, however, it seems to me that if a student
needs a EP report to get DSA and they need DSA because of a
'disability' so they can do their course then the cost of an EP report
is in many ways a course related cost but DSA doesn't cover it on the
basis that it isn't a course related cost. Surely not paying for an EP
report as part of a DSA is (potentially) denying students access to
DSA and so to courses?  I realise that it is a difficult issue in many
ways but I am not aware of any research that has so far looked into
this issue in depth and if no-one else knows of any either then I'll
suggest in my conclusion that this would be useful further research.
I'm also interested in general 'opinion' pieces though, it doesn't
just have to be 'research' for me to quote it.

Failing that, if any of you want to make comments (either on or off
list) and are happy for me to quote them then please let me know,

Emma

--
Emma Jane Rowlett (née Wright)
School of Sociology and Social Policy