Apologies for cross posting

NADP One-Day Conference

Writing your new Disability Equality Statement and Action Plan

 to be held at Jury's Inn, 245 Broad Street, Birmingham

on Wednesday 16th September 2009

Further information and booking forms can be found on our website
www.nadp-uk.org

 The target audience is those directly involved in writing the new round of
Disability Equality Schemes which are due to be published in December 2009.

Registration and Refreshments will be from 9.00 am and the Conference will
Commence at 10.00am and is due to end by 4.30pm

Programme

Session 1:                The Task Ahead - The legal requirements for the
Disability Equality Scheme and Action Plan changes, development and what was
learned.

Speaker: Amy Bryant  (Equality Challenge Unit)

Session 2:                What can we learn from our 2006 Schemes and their
Action Plans?

Speakers: Deb Viney (Diversity Advisor, SOAS) & Mark Pimm (Disability
Service Manager, Birkbeck)

Session 3:                Another perspective on what we can learn from our
2006 Schemes and Their Action Plans

Speaker: Peter Quinn (Senior Disability Adviser, University of Oxford).

Session 4:                How to fit a Disability Equality Scheme and Action
Plan into a "Single Equality Scheme"

Speakers:  Paul Crofts (Equality and Diversity Advisor, University of
Northampton) & Sarah Lewis (Equality and Diversity Manager, University of
Coventry)

Final Plenary           all speakers will be available for a Q & A session