The idea here is that there are folks who want to use standard
vocabularies, but they don't want to use the ENTIRE  vocabulary, only a
selection. Language is a good example, because the ISO language list is
huge and you may not want to allow all those values in your metadata. So
you make a selection and want to validate that you are using only the
values in your selection.

You could create your own list and not refer to the standard list, but
I'm thinking of a case where the standard list may have additional
information (code + display form, definitions, see references etc.).
Plus, there is always an advantage to using the standard list because it
may change and you want to be in sync with those changes.

So, how could this be done in your application profile? Or would you
have to do this in your application, not the application profile?

kc

--