Following a recent house move and a six week saga far too tedious to relate
my ISP wrongly pulled the plug totally on my broadband account.

Good news is they have admitted their error and offered me 'several' months
(still to be finalised) free connection in compensation. After which of course I
will switch provider (revenge!).

Bad news is they claim it is "impossible" to restore the old email accounts
when they restart my service. No problem for me as I use a mail collector and
have lost nothing of value. But my family were each using one of the 'free'
(funny I thought I paid 14.99 per month) email accounts provided with the
service, and being poor record keepers they have lost lots of valuable stuff
from their inboxes.

On the assumption that they cannot possibly have physically destroyed the
records yet we will use DPA to ask for personal data to be provided including
copies of emails held. but who should make the request ? As far as I am
concerned it is not my data. Having I set up the accounts they managed them
including passwords, and I had no access. On the other hand T...i (no real
names here) do not even know they exist.

Should I just be pragmatic and make an application in my own name (only one
£10 fee !) and pretend that as well as Phil I am also sometimes known as Fifi,
Noggin, and Hercules Bradshaw or should I make four applications and spend
the next six months of my life expalining the real world to T...i customer
services - not a thrilling prospect?