Dear all, please forgive crosspoints and bring this to the attention of anyone who may be interested, with thanks, Larch Maxey:-

RGS-IBG Geographies of Children, Youth and Families Research Group

Nomination for position of Chair

Dr Larch Maxey (Swansea University) will be stepping down from the role of Chair at the Annual General Meeting of the Group in August 2009.

The Geographies of Children, Youth and Families Research Group is a vibrant and dynamic group, supporting active research and practice amongst researchers at every stage of their career.  Over the last 3 years Group members have convened numerous international conference sessions, hosted a series of workshops, and established the sub-discipline's own international conference.

Nominations for the position of Chair are invited from anyone with a commitment to taking forward the work of this Group.  Nominees must be Fellows or Ordinary members of the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG).  Nominations will be accepted up until the beginning of the AGM.  Nominations must be in writing (please email to the Secretary, [log in to unmask]).  Nominations must include the name of the proposer and seconder (please complete attached form).

Elections to be Committee will be held at the Annual General Meeting at the 2009 RGS-IBG Annual International Conference (Thursday 27th August, 13.10-14.25, room 5.212, The University of Manchester).

We are also looking to recruit a Postgraduate Representative to the Committee.  Please contact me if you are interested in this position ([log in to unmask]).

Best wishes,

Faith (Secretary, Geographies of Children, Youth and Families Research Group)

*******************************

Dr Faith Tucker

Senior Lecturer in Geography

School of Social Sciences

The University of Northampton

Park Campus

Northampton

NN2 7AL

tel: 01604 735500 ext 2580

email: [log in to unmask]

Geographies of Children, Youth and Families Working Group: http://www.gcyf.org.uk/

Children’s Geographies journal: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/14733285.asp

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.

We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.