Dear Repository Managers,

JournalTOCsAPI is a JISC funded Rapid Innovation project which aims to
develop a facility for monitoring current journal issues to identify
papers published for Institutional Repositories (IRs).

The two main use cases for the project are:

1. Identifying new content for IRs by alerting when a paper affiliated
to your institution has been published.
2. Alerting facility when deposited papers have been published in a
scholarly journal.

The input from IR managers is a fundamental part of our project, this
email is an invitation to become part of our community of users. We are
seeking expert advice and opinions from our potential users. We will be
happy to respond to any comments and will do our best to fulfil your
expectations of such a facility.

Members of our community will be able to try early versions of the
software tool, report bugs, suggest improvements, post comments to our
blog and have a real influence on the functionality being implemented by
the project. Feedback will be gathered remotely from our users through
email, on-line surveys, skype and/or telephone. A small token of our
appreciation will be given to all participants (most likely Amazon
vouchers).

The project is based at the Institute for Computer Based Learning (ICBL)
at Heriot-Watt University, managed by Santy Chumbe. For more information
please visit the project blog. http://www.journaltocs.hw.ac.uk/API/blog/

I hope you can find the time to help us with this project.

To accept this invitation or for more information, please reply off list
to Lisa Rogers [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Regards,

Lisa Rogers
Project Officer
JournalTOCsAPI

--

Lisa J. Rogers ([log in to unmask])
Research Associate

registered under charity number SC000278.