<unlurk>
I'm unlurking because I am pretty shocked at this request...

The RESULTs portal (2002) operated with full OAI-PMH capabilities (it
was actually the first full implementation of the JISC IE) and was
written in PHP. Unfortunately it was shut down and none of the
www.results.ac.uk links in this Ariadne article that Andy Powell and
myself wrote work, but it may possibly still be of some use:

http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue34/powell/

I guess the code for RESULTs will be available in the JISC archives
somewhere.

All the best
Steve
</lurk>