From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Salgado, Paula
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] advice on laptop for crystallography

Dear all

I'm planning to upgrade my laptop and would like to run most
crystallography programs. I was wondering if people could comment on
their current prefered options. I would prefer not to go for a Mac, so
any other alternative suggestions would be more than welcome.
Also, I did a little research and it seems few laptops could deal with
the resolution requirements for HKL2000 - any thoughts on that as well?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Paula

 Dr Paula Salgado

 Division of Molecular Biosciences
 Department of Life Sciences
 Faculty of Natural Sciences
 Biochemistry Building, 5th Floor
 Imperial College London
 South Kensington Campus
 SW7 2AZ
 London

Tel: 02075945464
Fax: +44 (0)20 7594 3057
New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete it from your system.