From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of yang li
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Deal with close heavy atom sites?

Dear all,

      I have a 1.6A data in P21 spacegroup whith good quality, wich is assumed to contain 4 Set-Met. But the patterson map

appears strange. There is a very big heavy peak in the harker section, and seems like an irregular ellipse, while there are small

peaks very near(almost connect) to this big peak and the origin, say about 0.05 in fraction, looks like cross peaks.It looks like the

heavy atoms are very close if there are more than one. I tried several programs and many heavy atom coordinates sits, but none

of them can solve it. Shelxd got a set of sites looks best with set the minimum distance to 1A, since the patterson map from it

looks like the experimental patterson map, though not very much. But with this HA sites can get nothing meaningful. By the way,

it is a small molecule with no more than 150 residues, one molecule/ASU. According to shelxc the signal is not strong, can only

be used to aroud 2.2A.

     Any suggestions would be appreciated!