From: William Scott <[log in to unmask]>
To: Raja Dey <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 9 July, 2009 1:47:10 PM
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] ccp4i permission problem

% fink describe ccp4
Information about 9170 packages read in 3 seconds.

<snip>

    Invoke optional ccp4i gui for the first run using "sudo ccp4i"
    on 10.4, or "sudo /bin/zsh" followed by "source /sw/bin/init.sh ;ccp4i"
    on 10.5 to permit global configuration. Thereafter, you can invoke
    ccp4i without sudo.

</snip>

On Thu, July 9, 2009 1:25 pm, Raja Dey wrote:
> Hi,
>      I just finished installation of ccp4 current version in a new macbook
> pro using fink. When I typed ccp4i in a console and press enter I got
> the following message:
>
> You are the first person to run this version of CCP4i and it is trying to
> automatically configure and save information to the file:
> /sw/share/xtal/ccp4-6.1.1/ccp4i/etc/UNIX/configure.def but you do not have
> write permission for this directory. Please get the permission who
> installed CCP4i to run it and do the configure.
> It is OK to continue running CCP4i.
> Every time the same message is coming at the beginning.
> Could you please tell me what I should do at this point.
> Thanks...
> Raja
>

>      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check
> out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/

William G. Scott

Contact info:
http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/

Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local